Things to Consider Before You Buy a Laptop
A laptop should be compact and versatile, being the best tool for serious work or play at the place where you are. Even though tablets and smartphones are popular in the online computer store Dubai, any work like typing or gaming is better and easy on big screens. So what type of laptop should we opt for? What size and features? Choosing the best in the market is a challenge.
The first thing to do is to figure out your needs and then look into things to consider before buying a laptop. Here it is:
1. Select a platform: This will be a difficult task if you are not familiar with the different platforms. The laptops at a computer shop in Dubai usually come in three different operating systems, Windows, Chrome and Mac. Windows is the most flexible operating system which can switch between tablet and desktop modes. Windows would be a great choice for students, researcher's and business users and especially for machine gamers. Mac is the operating system in Apple products and Chrome OS in Chromebooks.
2. 2-in-1 or Normal? : All the recent laptops are 2-in-1, that is, they can switch between clamshell mode, tablet mode or any other. 2-in-1's serve different purposes, being bend backs and detachable. There are also everyday carry type ultrabooks which are very light and thin.
3. Size: Size decision depends on portability, how portable it is to be. Laptop size means screen size. Choice has to be made from 11-12 inches, 13-14 inches, 15-16 inches and 17-18 inches. Smaller models will be great for kids and when it comes to portability opt for one with smaller screen size and thin, more specifically 13-14 inches. 11-12 inches is the laptop in tablet size. A large screen 15-16 inches will be preferred for office use and 17-18 inches will be the necessary specification for gamers.
4. Keyboard and Touchpad: Good ergonomics is necessary and works become easy, with plenty of key travel and enough space between the keys. For a business laptop, you may get a pointing stick to navigate around the desktop. There are also many varieties like the backlit keyboard to work in dim light and the one with a separate number pad for those who work wonders with numbers.
5. Specifications: The ultimate choice has to be the processor, the brain behind the performance. A powerful CPU can future-proof your device. Then the RAM, Storage drive, Display, Graphics, Ports, Connectivity and DVD drives. Data is permanently stored in the disk drive and it comes in two types in the current technology, HDD (Hard Disk Drive) & SSD (Solid State Drive). HDD is the more famous one, but the SSD comes in the latest models. A laptop with an SSD than an HDD will give a three times faster laptop overall. An SSD runs silently rather than the HDD, which is bulky and produces noticeable heat and noise. These days thin and light laptops are in favour, most manufacturers embrace SSD storage as standard for laptops. Among the different possibilities of these, choose the one that goes hand in hand with your needs and budget.
6. Battery- life: Laptop on your lap at work and home need an endurance minimum of seven hours.
7. The brand: Quality stands with the brand and support makes it worth your money. Brand competition is in terms of selection, design, value, performance and many other criteria.
8. Graphics Card: Graphics card is also an important aspect to consider. An integrated graphics chip within the processor will be fine if you are not interested in doing any high-end videos, 3D object creation or in playing games. Any need other than these like, for gamers, machine learners, AI needs; a discrete graphics processor from Nvidia or AMD is essential.
As a laptop is a must-have, compare the above factors with your needs and budget, making the challenging process well-verse. A computer shop Dubai has customised choices, focusing on the budget for each like, processor, RAM, Graphics card, etc, which can make it affordable as a whole.
Things To Keep in Mind - Before Giving Laptop For Repair!
Tips to speed up your PCs