NAS BOX QNAP TS-932X, 2GBSKU: TS-932X-2G
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Out of stock
Out of stock
Slim & Big: 9-bay hybrid NAS supporting 3.5” & 2.5” drives with dual 10GbE ports
The business-class TS-932X is a budget-friendly NAS designed to accommodate five 3.5-inch hard drives and four 2.5-inch SSDs. It is also the first ARM-based NAS that supports Qtier™ technology for efficient auto-tiered storage. As a 9-bay NAS, the compact TS-932X takes up less desktop space compared with other models in the same class, and presents a stylish control panel embellished with brushed-metal aluminum. Featuring dual 10GbE SFP+ ports, the TS-932X provides an excellent blend of speed and affordability to future-proof your IT infrastructure for 10GbE networks.
|Dual 10GbE SFP+ ports for accelerating virtualization and massive file sharing.||Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.||Snapshots fully record system status and data, allowing you to protect files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.|
|Supports LXC and Docker® containers for rapidly deploying application services across platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.||Secure private cloud supporting centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery.||NAS and iSCSI-SAN (IP-SAN) unified storage solution with a scalable design.|
AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-324 quad-core 1.7GHz processor, 2 GB RAM
Slim size, big capacity. Quality & stylish.
You may be surprised with the size of the TS-932X, which is a 9-bay NAS with a similar appearance as a regular 4-bay/6-bay NAS. The TS-932X strikes a balance between storage capacity and performance, making it a perfect companion for small and medium organizations and small offices. Remarkable design details also include succinct LED indicators, a brushed-metal aluminum control panel, and a unique drive bay layout that efficiently streamlines the physical footprint of the NAS.
Quad-core CPU and dual 10GbE SFP+ ports
The TS-932X is equipped with an AnnapurnaLabs, an Amazon company Alpine AL-324 quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A57 processor with 2GB/8GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable to 16GB) and supports SATA 6Gb/s. When processing AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, the TS-932X also provides unmatched encryption performance while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the NAS. The TS-932X comes with a pair of 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks, delivering a major speed increase for virtualization tasks, fast backup & restoration, and large-data applications.
Tested in QNAP Labs. Figures may vary by environment.
NAS: TS-932X with QTS 4.3.4
RAID 5; 9 x Intel® SSD DC S3500 SSDSC2BB240G4 F/W:D2010370 240G
Intel® Core™ i7-4790, 16GB RAM, CPU @ 3.60GHz
SSD caching and auto tiering enable optimized storage efficiency
The TS-932X provides four 2.5-inch bays for SSD caching to improve the workflow of random IOPS demanding applications. Qtier™ Technology empowers the TS-932X with automatic tiering that continuously optimizes storage utilization across high-performance SSD and high-capacity SATA drives. The new Qtier™ 2.0 features IO-awareness that empowers SSD-tiered storage with a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, greatly maximizing the advantages of SSD.
Upgrade your IT environment with QNAP’s fast and affordable 10GbE Switch!
QNAP 10GbE/NBASE-T™ unmanaged switches allow you to instantly upgrade your network environment at a cost-effective price. With a 10GbE network you can enjoy blazing-fast transfer speeds, empower bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization, and enable simultaneous real-time access to large NAS-based files using multiple workstations (ideal for video editing and multimedia). QNAP also provides a 10GbE PCIe network expansion card for Windows®/Linux® PCs to take advantage of high-speed LAN environments.
Host container applications
Container Station integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies. You can download apps from the built-in Docker Hub® to easily import/export container apps and manage access controls, enjoying the benefit of easy installation, transferability and high-efficiency as well as rapidly deploying application services across several platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.
Optimized collaboration with seamless file sharing and sync
The TS-932X centrally stores data and files, and supports SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® networks. Coupled with Qsync (a utility that turns a QNAP NAS into a safe, high-capacity data center for file synchronization) any file uploaded to the TS-932X will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. You can sync shared folders and team folders for group file sharing to enhance the flexibility of team projects and collaboration. Files can be centrally managed using File Station, including files from mobile devices and optical disc drives. File Station also allows you to mount a remote NAS, and transfer files between your NAS and public cloud services for greater convenience.
Complete backup planning
The TS-932X provides a reliable, flexible backup & disaster recovery solution to assist organizations in routine backup jobs with cost-efficiency and high productivity.
Snapshots for Volume & LUN
Block-based snapshots are a dependable method for protecting data in the face of the growing threat of ransomware. Snapshots can be taken by schedule or manually and then backed up to other NAS/servers to provide an all-encompassing backup solution.
Windows and Mac backup
Use the free QNAP NetBak Replicator utility to back up/restore files from Windows® computers. Time Machine® is also supported for Mac® users. It is easy, fast and convenient.
Hybrid Backup Sync
Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization functions (using RTRR, rsync, FTP, CIFS/SMB) for easily transferring data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces as a comprehensive data storage and disaster recovery plan.
Whole new QVR Pro surveillance solution
QNAP’s new QVR Pro surveillance solution allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on the TS-932X and leverage the advantages of storage manageability from QTS. With QVR Pro, camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view and playback is greatly simplified. You can also use the QVR Pro Client mobile app to monitor your cameras from anywhere, or use USB webcams as ONVIF network camera with the QUSBCam2 app.
*The maximum number of channels supported varies by NAS model, network configuration, and camera settings. For more information, visit https://www.qnap.com/go/qvr-nas-selector.
|compatible IP cameras||free IP camera channels||max. IP camera channels||record from USB webcams|
Flexible and economical storage expansion
You need an easy solution to increase storage capacity when running out of space. QNAP provides several ways to expand your NAS storage as needed to accommodate data and business growth.
Upgrade RAID Capacity
Hot swap lower-capacity drives with larger-capacity drives so that your QNAP NAS can grow with your business.
Migrate to a New NAS
Install your NAS hard drives into a larger QNAP NAS and retain all your existing data and configurations.
Attach Expansion Enclosures
Expand storage capacity using other QNAP NAS with Virtual JBOD
QNAP VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) is network-based JBOD, allowing you to expand the storage capacity of your QNAP NAS with unused storage space from other QNAP NAS. The unused storage capacity of the TS-932X can be mounted as local disks of other NAS, and you can create virtual storage pools and volumes for operating NAS services to maximize storage utilization.
Note: ARM-based NAS does not currently support the VJBOD “Host” function to utilize other NAS storage space.
More productivity applications
Automates file organization. Files are well-organized and archived based on your settings.
A powerful full-text search engine to quickly and precisely find media files, documents, and emails.
Centrally manage and switch between different email accounts, back up emails to the NAS, and safeguard email security and personal privacy.
A popular web automation service for combining QNAP NAS and mobile devices/apps to customize NAS applets.
Enable remote access through NAS-hosted web browsers to access local LAN resources without needing complex VPN settings.
QIoT Suite Lite
Combines the security and large capacity potential of QNAP NAS while providing an IoT solution on a private cloud. It only takes three steps to quickly deploy your own IoT application.
Effective airflow and thermal design
The TS-932X is compact in size, offers large storage potential, and is kept cool by an effective airflow and thermal design. Heat is efficiently dissipated, ensuring the TS-932X performs smoothly even under the heaviest loads.
|CPU||AnnapurnaLabs Alpine AL-324 ARM® Cortex-A57 quad-core 1.7GHz processor|
|CPU Architecture||64-bit ARM|
|Floating Point Unit|
|System Memory||2 GB SODIMM DDR4 (1x 2 GB)|
|Maximum Memory||16 GB (1 x 16 GB)|
|Memory Slot||1 x SO-DIMM DDR4|
|Flash Memory||512 MB (Dual boot OS protection)|
|Drive Bay||5x 3.5-inch+ 4 x 2.5-inch|
|Drive Compatibility||3.5-inch bays:
3.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA hard disk drives
2.5-inch SATA solid state drives2.5-inch bays:
2.5-inch solid state drives
|Gigabit Ethernet Port (RJ45)||2|
|10 Gigabit Ethernet Port||2 x 10G SFP+|
|USB 3.0 port||3|
|Audio Output||1 x Built-in speaker, 1 x 3.5mm line out jack
You cannot use the speakers and the line-out jack simultaneously.
|LED Indicators||System Status, LAN, USB, HDD1~5, SSD1-4|
|Buttons||Power, Reset, USB Copy|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||224.7 × 182.7 × 223.6 mm|
|Weight (Net)||3.53 kg|
|Weight (Gross)||5.06 kg|
|Operating temperature||0 – 40 °C (32°F – 104°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C (80.6˚F)|
|Power Supply Unit||External, 120 W, AC 100 to 240 V|
|Power Consumption: HDD Sleep Mode||21.66 W|
|Power Consumption: Operating Mode, Typical||42.15 W
With drives fully populated
|Fan||1 x 14cm smart Fan (12V DC)|
|Sound Level||18.7 db(A)|
|System Warning||Voice prompts or Buzzer|
|Kensington Security Slot|
|Operating System||QTS 4.3.4 (embedded Linux)|
|Supported Client Operating Systems||
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional & Simpliﬁed), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
5. DHCP client, DHCP server
6. Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
7. UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
8. USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
o RAID hot spare and global hot spare
o RAID rebuild speed customization
o Advanced secure data erase
4. Storage pools
5. Qtier™ Technology (automated storage tiering)
o Volume and LUN snapshots
o Snapshot Dashboard
o Snapshot Manager
o Snapshot Cloning
o Snapshot Vault
o Snapshot Replica
o Unify Snapshot Directory
o Support for Windows previous versions (CIFS/SMB)
o Snapshot Agent for Microsoft Windows and VMware vSphere
o 2GB SKU : Max. 32 snapshots per volume/block-based LUN; max. 64 per NAS
o 8GB SKU : Max. 64 snapshots per volume/block-based LUN; max. 256 per NAS
7. Online volume expansion
8. Online storage pool expansion
9. Online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration
10. SMART data migration
11. Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
12. Bad block recovery and RAID recovery
13. Bitmap support
5. Policy settings for conflicting files and file type filter
6. Version control for a maximum of 64 versions
7. Unified privilege and configuration management
8. Central configuration mode
9. Remote erase and restore
10. Windows and Mac OS support
|Access Right Management||
5. Application access control for Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station, and File Station
6. Subfolder permissions support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
5. Resource monitor
6. Network recycle bin for file deletion (AFP, CIFS/SMB, and File Station)
7. Automatic cleanup
8. File type filter
o Comprehensive logs (events & connection)
o Syslog server and client
o Backup and restoration of system settings
o Qmanager: Mobile application for remote system monitoring and management
5. Importable SSL certiﬁcates
6. Instant alert via E-mail, SMS, beep,and push service
7. 2-step veriﬁcation
o Data encryption functions may be unavailable in accordance with the legislative restrictions of some countries.
|Domain Authentication Integration||
|iSCSI (IP SAN)||
5. Supports MPIO & MC/S
6. iSCSI LUN backup, one-time snapshot, and restoration
7. iSCSI connection and management by QNAP Windows Qﬁnder Pro
8. Virtual disk drive (via iSCSI initiator)
9. Max No. of virtual disk drives: 8
5. Web-based ﬁle manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
6. CloudLink for remote access without any complicated router setup
7. myQNAPcloud connect for easy VPN connection (Windows VPN utility)
|Hybrid Backup Sync||
5. Remote server syncing (CIFS/SMB, FTP, Rsync, and RTRR)
6. Scheduled backup to local and remote storage spaces
7. Backup versioning (RTRR)
8. Encryption, compression, and file filters
9. Centralized management for backup, restoration, and sync jobs
10. Support for Apple Time Machine
11. Data backup to multiple external storage devices
12. Desktop backup with QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
13. Support for third-party backup software such as Veeam Backup & Replication, Acronis True Image, Arcserve Backup, Retrospect, Nakivo and Backup Exec
5. Snapshot management for your contacts database
6. Manage contacts: Groups, favorite, lock, search, delete & restore
7. Supported for mobile: Android and iPhone
|Notes Station 3||
5. Video preview on playback timeline
6. Surveillance client for Mac
7. Vmobile: Mobile surveillance application for iOS and Android
8. Vcam: Mobile recording application for iOS and Android
5. Visual aid by e-map
6. Playback and speed control using the shuttle bar
7. Video preview on playback timeline
8. Intelligent video analytics (IVA) for advanced video searching
9. Surveillance client for Mac
10. Mobile surveillance app: Vmobile (iOS and Android)
11. Mobile recording app: Vcam (iOS and Android)
|AirPlay & Chromecast||Streams videos, photos and music from NAS to Apple TV or Chromecast via File Station, Music Station, Photo Station, Video Station or mobile app (Qﬁle, Qmusic, Qphoto or Qvideo).
Note: Media Streaming add-on app from the App Center is required
5. Slideshows with background music and different transition effects
6. Photo geotagging and display on Google Maps
7. Photo and video uploading to Picasa, Flickr, and Weibo
8. Album configuration back up and restoration
9. Advanced folder permissions
10. Support for domain users
11. Qphoto: Mobile application for online browsing and sharing
5. Supports sharing download links and upload links
6. Drag-n-drop Files via Chrome and Firefox Browsers
7. Photo, music, and video preview and playback
8. File Compression (ZIP or 7z)
9. Creation of and sending download links for sharing public files with expiration date and password protection
10. Supports displaying subtitles (*.SRT, UTF-8 format)
11. Supports slideshow playback in media viewer
12. Mobile App: Qfile for file browsing and management
5. File deletion
6. Intelligent subtitle filing for videos
7. Data integrity check
8. File conflict policy
5. Customized search filters (included or excluded conditions)
6. Related files suggestion in Viewer
7. Customized search filters
8. Search Chrome extension
|QVPN Service (Integrated VPN Server, VPN Client and L2TP/IPSec VPN Services)||
5. VPN Client: Supports importing .ovpn files to create OpenVPN connection.
5. Supports mounting NAS shared folders and data-only containers
6. Supports auto port forwarding
7. Supports auto-start containers
8. Supports downloading Docker certiﬁcates
3. Scheduled download and bandwidth control
4. RSS subscription and download (broadcatching)
5. Support for add-ons that extend download functionality
6. Qget: Mobile application for download browsing and management
|Storage Plug & Connect||
5. Display movie information and posters from Internet sources or user-uploaded files
6. Supports displaying subtitles (*.SRT,*.ASS, *.SSA)
7. Supports online searching and downloading of subtitles as well as importing subtitle files
8. Supports adjusting the display style of subtitles
9. Supports for playback speed adjustment
10. Support for direct streaming videos in certain file formats
11. Supports Facebook friends login
12. Supports advanced folder permission settings.
13. Supports LDAP users.
14. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube and Youku.
15. Supports multi-zone video display
16. Mobile app: Qvideo for online video browsing and management
|App Center||Ofﬁcial and community software add-ons such as Signage Station and Notes Station|
Most viewed products
Laptops, Gaming Laptops, Gaming Computer, Gaming, LENOVO, LEGION, Computer & Laptops, By Purpose of Use, Gaming
Lenovo Legion 5 AMD 5600H, 8GB Ram, 512 SSD, RTX 3060 6GB, 15.6″ Display, Windows 10 Home – 1Year Warranty | 82JU007YAXLaptops, Gaming Laptops, Gaming Computer, Gaming, LENOVO, LEGION, Computer & Laptops, By Purpose of Use, Gaming
Lenovo Legion 5 AMD 5600H, 8GB Ram, 512 SSD, RTX 3060 6GB, 15.6″ Display, Windows 10 Home – 1Year Warranty | 82JU007YAX
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600H
- 8 GB Ram
- 512 GB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- 15.6″ Display
- Windows 10-Home
- 1Year Warranty