NAS BOX SYNOLOGY DS1517 PLUS, 2GBSKU: DS1517 PLUS+
Get an alert when the product is in stock:
Out of stock
Out of stock
High performance NAS optimized for encryption and intensive tasks
Synology DiskStation DS1517+ features a quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine,providing outstanding performance even with encryption. Supercharge your storage with the optionalM.2 SSD adapter card for dual SSD cache drives. DS1517+ is the ideal storage solution for centralizing databackups, protecting critical assets, and sharing files across different platforms. Synology DS1517+ is backed.
High Performance & Easy-to-Scale
Synology DS1517+ is a 5-bay network attached storage solution with great performance and scalability. DS1517+ is equipped with an Intel quad-core 2.4 GHz processor and two memory options: 2GB or 8GB, with the flexibility to expand up to 16GB for even more intensive workloads. With dual-channel memory design, it provides outstanding sequential throughput at over 1,165 MB/s reading and 527 MB/s writing under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation enabled1.
DS1517+ supports up to 15 drives with two Synology DX5172 Expansion Unit attached, allowing you to start small and easily to scale up on demand. The PCIe slot supports the optional PCIe M.2 SSD adapter card M2D173 for dual M.2 SATA SSD slots to be used as SSD cache for greatly enhanced storage performance without using the 3.5″ drive bays. The PCIe slot can also be used to upgrade the DS1517+ with 10GbE network add-in-cards.
• Quad-core 5-bay NAS with AES-NI support, with over 1,165 MB/s reading and 527 MB/s writing performance1
• PCIe slot for optional 10GbE add-on card. Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports with failover and Link Aggregation support.
• Optional M2D17 adapter card for dual M.2 SATA SSDs for cache3
• Two memory configurations: 2GB & 8GB with easily upgradable dualchannel design, up to 16GB
• Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
• Scale up to 15 drives with two DX517 expansion units
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage
DS1517+ integrates the Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large-scale businesses:
• Flexible Shared Folder / User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
• Advanced snapshot technology with customizable backup schedule allows up to 1,024 copies of shared folder backups and 65,000 copies of system-wide snapshots without occupying huge storage capacity and system resources.
• File or folder level data restoration brings huge convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
• File self-healing: Btrfs file system is able to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and recover broken data using the supported RAID volumes, which include RAID 1, 5, 6, and 10.
DS1517+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, DS1517+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. As the centralized storage of a virtual environment, DS1517+ enables virtual machine migration, allowing movement from server to server whilst eliminating service downtime and disruption to users. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improve the efficiency of massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack support, DS1517+ can be used as a block-based
storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Synology DS1517+ is an optimized and certified storage solution for a various virtualization environments.
Synology Collaboration Suite
Powerful and secure private cloud solution for business collaboration and organization with simple but effective management options.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS1517+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale
• Windows® AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
• Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS1517+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
• Application privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
• MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages
• Powerful collaboration suite with Synology Office, Calendar and Chat for secure and high-performance private communications and content organization that your organization can easily manage and control.
Management of the storage space on DS1517+ is simple and flexible. Multiple Volumes on RAID allows you to create more than one volume on a RAID structure, providing a flexible and efficient way to manage your storage across all available hard drives. When the need for more space arises, the volume can be easily expanded without any service disruption. DS1517+ provides the ability to seamlessly expand a single volume up to 108 TB on the fly. When the storage capacity of DS1517+ nears its limit, expansion is easily accomplished with up to two Synology Expansion Unit DX517 to support up to 15 SATA drives.
Reliability & Availability
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. DS1517+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
• Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of server failure with minimal impact on applications.
• Redundant system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
• Optional 5-year warranty5 is available in select regions.
Ultimate file management and sharing
File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operations without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and file sharing. For complete compatibility, DS1517+ supports the following protocols: AFP, FTP, iSCSI, NFS, SMB, and WebDAV.
Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, management applications into your NAS.
|CPU||Intel Atom C2538 Quad Core 2.4GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine||Yes (AES-NI)|
|Memory||2 GB / 8 GB (4 GB x 2) DDR3 SO-DIMM (expandable up to 16 GB)|
|Compatible drive type||• 5 x 3.5″ or 2.5″ SATA SSD / HDD (drives not included)
• 2 x M.2 2280/2260/2242 SATA SSD3
(drives not included)
|External ports||• 4 x USB 3.0 ports
• 2 x expansion ports
|Size (HxWxD)||166 x 282 x 243 mm|
|LAN||4 x 1GbE (RJ45)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|PCIe 3.0 slot||• 1 x 8-lane x 8 slot
• 10GbE network interface cards support
• M.2 SATA and NVMe SSD adapter card support
|Scheduled power on / of||Yes|
|System fan||2 (95 x 95 x 25 mm)|
|AC input power voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power frequency||50 / 60Hz, single phase|
|Operating temperature||5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude||3,048 m (10,000 ft)|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|